Pine Tree Nursery and Landscaping - Articles
Article: May Chores in the Garden
Created on: Monday, June 09, 2003
- Shear spring-flowering shrubs after they bloom.
- Prune needleevergreens putting out new growth; cut "candles" in half.
- Prepare annual beds: turnover, lime, fertilize.
- Service sprinkler system, check hoses, sprinklers, sharpen tools. Plant glads, dahlias.
- Move annual flats from indoors to cold frame.
- Fertilize lawns with a high nitrogen fertilizer or organic fertilizer, apply broadleaf weed control and grub control.
- Fertilize roses, raspberries, blueberries, and grapes
- Plant seeds of lettuce, beets, spinach, carrots, beans, corn and second crop of radish.